Surly Cross Check
All Bikes Are Available for In-Store Pick Up Only
The Cross Check is Surly's "Jack of All Trades" bike. It was initially designed for cyclocross racing, but over years of customer feedback the design has been updated to accommodate the needs of road riders, commuters and folks on overnight camping trips.
The Cross Check sits somewhere between the Trucker and the Pacer. The geometry of the bike is more similar to that of a road bike, but the frame is outfitted with eyelets for a full touring/commuting set up. The frame is spaced to accept wider tires (or in SurlySpeak "Fatties Fit Fine"), as well as full fenders. The Cross Check is as comfortable descending Bobcat as it is climbing Twin Peaks and loading up on bulk granola at Rainbow Grocery.
Surly chose the components group on the Cross Check to maximize reliability, durability and ease of maintenance. Some highlights include:
- Microshift Bar Con 9 Speed Bar End Shifters - easy to use, index/friction option, inexpensive to replace
- Reliable Shimano Sora/Deore deraillers
- Square Taper 36/48t Double Crankset (can be converted to triple for touring or everyday use)
- Wide Range 11/32 Shimano Cassette
- Tektro CR720 Cantilever Brakes - good braking modulation, wide tire/fender clearance
- 700c Shimano Deore /Alex DA-16 wheelset - nice strong wheels.
If you are looking for a very versatile bike, then this is the bike for you.
- See the Surly write up for more details and frame geometry
- This is the 2013 model
- We stock the Cross Check in black only. If you are interested in purchasing one in "Hospital Foam" (green) please call or email the shop to arrange a special order (deposit can be taken over the phone).
- Surly complete bicycles are available for in-store-pickup only. We cannot and will not ship, and you cannot arrange for a third party carrier to pickup the bike on your behalf. You may purchase the bike online, and come into the store to pick up the bike. As a sweetener, we offer 15% off all parts and accessories for your new bike for the first 30 days after your purchase, even for online-facilitated purchases.